I would like to know...

What about enabling user communities like ACOR.org?

We're missing a *major* opportunity if we think health IT is limited to giving providers new systems. In my own cancer, sure I read & shared my online medical data in PatientSite, but the most valuable info I got anywhere was from my ACOR cancer patient community. Every condition needs something like this. Microscopic cost, enormous payback!

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Hail, Thank You So Much For Yours Over Common-Sense of the Humanity & Over Knowledge
        Divinity.
        You Are Welcome To Fountain of Life-Love Humanity Is That Very Theosophy-GOD of Fountain
        of Life-Love.
        Thanks-Dear Daddy & Dear Nanny To Be Thy Ran-Son My Darlings

• johnnorris commented  · 

I see enormous opportunities for patient empowerment flowing from a sound program of healthcare-reform and healthcare-IT-reform. New patient-centered research, educational, and communications tools come immediately to mind. I see a prominent role for the FDA here. I know that the best and brightest at the FDA very much want to upgrade its impact on all patient assistance and education.

John

• johnnorris commented  · 

This comment really goes to the heart of the question of whether we are at long last going to turn things around 180 degrees and create a patient-centric healthcare system. I strongly believe that we should--MUST!

John

• jjsmith commented  · 

Agreed. There a so many valuable resources that so many people just don't know about. Investing in consumer awareness and patient access to resources would be a wise call. After all consumers represent the largest untapped resource in controlling healthcare costs. Empower the consumer has historically demonstrated reduced acute care and better outcomes.

• Lynette Albee commented  · 

One of the many ways we can and should be in charge of our own healthcare.
        I sincerely hope this goes a long way for all of us! Good luck.

• Laura Nathan commented  · 

Way to go Dave!! Lets hear it for on-line support systems. Wishing you success.

• conniefanning commented  · 

WOW! Dave you are a real techie and I'm totally impressed :)

• ePatient Dave commented  · 

I'm the author of this question.

ePatient Dave

Feedback and Knowledge Base